Communications and Digital Media Manager (P/T)
- Part Time
BACKGROUND The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women (JFEW), with offices located in midtown Manhattan, seeks candidates for the part-time position of Communications and Digital Media Manager. The manager will play a key role in building out JFEW’s digital media platforms to create a greater sense of community among JFEW Scholars and Alumnae, and raising the Foundation’s profile as a leader in supporting college completion and economic mobility among low-income women.
- Create and post content across several social media platforms
- Maintain editorial calendar
- Write features for JFEW’s blog, including interviews with Scholars and Alumnae
- Write content for JFEW’s mailings, newsletters, and other print/digital publications
- Oversee Alumnae data collection and entry in database
- Support logistics for two annual Alumnae gatherings
- Help build a virtual professional network among Scholars and Alumnae
- Other duties as needed
- BA degree and minimum 3 years of experience in a digital media/communications role or the equivalent
- Supreme ease, creativity, and familiarity with social media and digital engagement, especially Facebook and LinkedIn
- Outstanding writing, copyediting, and speaking skills, with great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Collegial and team-oriented approach to office environment
- Dedication to issues central to JFEW’s mission, including women’s advancement, economic mobility and diversity in higher education
HOURS AND COMPENSATION 18 hours/week; compensation is $30-$35/hour, depending on experience. This position includes all legally required benefits; it does not include health or retirement benefits.
SCHEDULE Two - three days/week in office; days flexible.
TO APPLY Please send cover letter, resume, and a relevant writing sample (email blast, social media campaign, etc.). Use “Communications and Digital Media Manager Position” in subject line. Application review will begin on March 28, 2019. No telephone calls, please.
HIRING POLICY JFEW is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
ABOUT US The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women (JFEW) is dedicated to helping women of all backgrounds attain a college degree and achieve economic mobility. We do this through strategic partnerships with public and private universities and community-based nonprofits to provide scholarships, peer networks, dedicated advising, and professional development opportunities. Learn more at jfew.org.