- Full Time
The New York Post is looking for an energetic, self-starting reporter to cover national politics, with an eye toward the 2020 election.
- Be able to write clear, entertaining copy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Anticipate and quickly respond to major developments involving the issues of the day, as well as the players and personalities who drive the national conversation.
- Spot under-the-radar stories and advance them for a wider readership.
- Be self-sufficient and able to multitask — the kind of person who’s willing to comb through lawsuits, ask tough questions and do whatever else it takes to find and nail the story.
- Break major stories that will appeal to New York, national and international audiences.
- Have a demonstrated history of success on all these points.
- Have at least five years of politics reporting experience.