Motion Graphics/Video Producer
- Full Time
AFAR Media, the leading travel media brand with offices in San Francisco and New York, is seeking a motion graphics/video editor to conceptualize, edit and create engaging and shareable short-form travel videos for AFAR.com and social media channels. The associate video editor—a new position at the company—will work closely with AFAR’s editorial team to develop new video franchises and series. Strong packaging skills are a must, as is the ability to multitask in a fast-paced media environment.
- Work with the editorial, design, audience development, and social media teams to help hone a social video strategy.
- Conceptualize, write, and edit 12 short-form videos per month that are on-brand for AFAR and useful to AFAR’s audience of discerning travelers
- Create title sequences and basic 2D motion graphics
- Still photo and footage research
- Perform basic color correction and grading
- Track video trends across social media and the web at large, and adjust AFAR’s video strategy accordingly
- Finalize and export deliverables to spec, and ensure proper compression formats for delivery and archive
- Generate teasers and trailers for social platforms
- Grow traffic from social through clicks to videos by the end of the year
- 1-2 years’ of experience as a video producer/editor, preferably for a media or digital lifestyle company
- Understanding of Adobe Premiere, After Effects and video creation platforms such as Wochit
- Ability to properly handle audio files, and live recordings
- Be a proactive self-starter with a collaborative spirit
- Have excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to create videos using simple in-house studio, and sourcing still imagery from Creative Commons and other sources
- Scrappy and resourceful
- Have a passion for travel, and be interested in conceptualizing new and interesting ways to look at travel
- Have a sense of humor
How to Apply
Send your resume, examples of your work with “Motion Graphics” in the subject line. Want to really get our attention? Suggest what types of video stories AFAR should be telling.