Sr. News Desk Associate
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Handle newsgathering and reporting on urgent, breaking news deadlines across all E! platforms (digital, linear and social) Establish ongoing relationships with law enforcement and other officials Monitor social media for all newsgathering advancements Search the court system(s), PACER, Nexis-Lexis based on cross-platform needsWork closely with senior and assigning editors online, supervising and segment producers on air to deliver story-shaping contentPrioritize multiple assignments with varied deadlinesInterview person(s) of interest, attorneys, experts and celebrities Develop and maintain working relationships with magazine and event PR contactsScan competitor websites, news wires, and various social media channels
The Sr. News Desk Associate will be responsible for newsgathering for all E! platforms. The right candidate should be able to multi-task, have a proven editorial judgment, be a forward thinker and have a strong work ethic. A passion for pop culture is a must. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who can work independently and quickly in a fast-pace news environment. Candidate must have newsroom experience and be able to handle breaking news and/or work under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- A minimum of 3+ years newsroom experience and/or related field
- Shift is M-F (evenings, will include weekend duty)
- Deep knowledge and familiarity of pop culture events and celebrity news
- Must have a background in news, entertainment news and/or related field
- Strong knowledge of how to report a story in a range of topics
- Superior communication skills, with the capacity to handle high volume email and requests
- Must be extremely organized and able to effectively prioritize responsibilities and projects with tight deadlines
- Commitment to accuracy and detail
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Google Docs and iNews
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.