Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Take, evaluate, and respond to pitches and written submissions Participate in creative discussions on all stories, outlines, and scripts in developmentResponsible for all department development and competitive reports Participate in key creative decisions regarding pilot production Watch all cuts and understand the editorial process for pilotsCharged with being the first to read and evaluate material determining project & creative value for the teamParticipate in pilot and series greenlight and pilot production processes Represent the studio’s interests at industry events, showcases, festivals, and showsScout and report on plays, readings, independent movies, writers, producers, on/off air talentEstablish and maintain relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, playwrights) and the agency/manager community
The role will support the broader department in the development and production of new series.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the television industry
• Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in a television studio, network or production company setting
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Passion for scripted content
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in the television market with hands-on experience in development and production
• Must exhibit flexibility, excellent communication skills, and relationship building ability
• Self-starters who are assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated
• Proven skills in program scheduling and knowledge of network operations.
• Computer proficiency in Excel and Word
• Strong relationships throughout the agent and creative community
• Experience working with writers
• Design/Keynote and editing skills are a bonus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.