Director of Operations
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for monitoring the day to day operations strategy, teams, equipment and solutions for NBCUniversal Studios Services across 5 regionsDaily interaction with studio executives within Universal Features, Universal Television, and Universal Cable businesses. In addition, the responsibilities include a continual dialogue with motion picture and television producers, production managers, and crew.Negotiate and manage the successful delivery of contracts for on-lot and off-lot productions. Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors. Manage the allocation of set lighting and grip assets to maximize utilization off-lot. Create and implement standards, policy, best practices. Train staff to serve the customer’s need and sell quality of service. Develop operations systems by determining asset handling and storage requirements: develop process for “outputs’ for customer services and “inputs” for capital expenditures.This Director will liaise with VP to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.Ability to influence direction amongst multiple union operations Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.Manage procurement process and coordinate material and resource allocation for off-lot locationsReview financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.Tracking changes in inventory utilization. Obtain precise, timely, and consistent data, estimate changes and trends in emerging technologies.
• Must have an acute understanding of the production process across multiple crafts.
• Fluent in the production process, with the knowledge and understanding of the financial expectations and requirements put forth by production.
• Broad understanding of motion picture and television lighting, grip, and electrical equipment.
• Strong computer literacy in multiple computer production operating systems including inventory tracking systems and RFID technology
• Must have a thorough understanding of emerging LED Technologies and its impact on the industry.
• Strong background in asset management with the ability to ensure maximum utilization of assets across all productions
• Exceptional customer service skills with a strong sense of urgency
• Able to organize, prioritize and execute numerous complex projects in parallel.
• Must handle stressful situations professionally and confidentially as well as interact with co-workers and clients professionally.
• Must be an affective trouble shooter, communicator, and problem solver
• Minimum 10 years of senior management expertise overseeing production support services within the Film and Television industry.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all motion-picture, television, broadcast, and events support services, along with continuous shifts that are taking place within the industries competitive landscape.
• Experience working with and supporting multiple stakeholders, vendors, and customers.
• Strong knowledge of the legalities of working in a union environment and the corresponding contracts
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, including executives, operational supervisors, and front line crew.
• Ability to navigate through very complex situations and personalities.
• Strong communication and written skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and financial acumen.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.