BlogHer: Community Manager
- Full Time
BlogHer: Community Manager
BlogHer, part of the SHE Media family, is hiring a Community Manager. SHE Media is a top lifestyle media company with 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore. Media Metrix. Multiplatform Key Measures Report. US) and 309 million social media fans and followers. The company operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com. BlogHer.com, and STYLECASTER.com.
SHE Media is seeking a skilled, highly motivated Community Manager to build the BlogHer audience and community. Must have solid experience in social media, strong communication skills, both in-person, in writing and in crafting a consistent voice for the BlogHer brand. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of community engagement and audience analytics to deliver growth in both scale and engagement within the BlogHer site and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for women’s empowerment, community building, and an insatiable love of all things social. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the voice and grow the social footprint for the BlogHer brand.
Reporting to the SVP Live Media and Partnerships, the Community Manager will develop and execute growth strategies for the BlogHer brand. The Community Manager will be responsible for designing and executing a tactical plan to build engagement and create content for the Blogher.com site and across social media platforms.
- Increase social presence, fan base and engagement on social networks, events, and partner collaboration.
- Work with blogger and influencer community to create talent pipeline and promote BlogHer.
- Leverage data to develop and execute social content and posting strategy in the BlogHer voice across the BlogHer social media platforms, including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
- Collaborate with editors to optimize editorial content for social media, monitor social trends, and make real-time editorial recommendations to grow and engage users and drive traffic
- Analyze, interpret and report on social data and insights
- Work with video department to execute video content on a consistent basis
- Manage social coverage of live events across all social platforms
- Determine the best opportunities for BlogHer to reach new audiences, whether it’s with existing or new social platforms
- Expand BlogHer distribution strategy to new and emerging social media platforms to drive traffic
- Monitor, engage and respond to BlogHer users and community
- Work closely with Integrated Marketing and Client Services team to craft and deploy sponsored content and campaign.
- Track and report weekly on community performance based on audience growth and engagement
The Fine Print:
- Experience with all social platforms, publishing and analytics
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities, in a fast paced environment
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Proven track record of working in a collaborative team environment
- Superior attention to detail
- 3+ years of professional experience in digital marketing
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, Experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate more than 1.7 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP and OAS), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale. SHE Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.