Footwear News: Designer
- Full Time
Footwear News: Designer
Footwear News, the weekly print magazine that has covered the footwear industry for over 70 years is hiring a designer. The designer will be part of a two-person team with the full creative support of a large media company. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of design sophistication, from concept through execution, and a strong eye for photography and superb typography skills. The candidate will assist the Art Director in planning each issue and work closely with editors and department heads to develop original design concepts.
We are seeking a strong contributor with 2-4 years' experience in magazine digital/print design.
- Accomplished designer with strong attention to detail and love of type
- Strong concept ideation in a creative environment conducive to taking risks and advancing the brand in a competitive space
- A sophisticated visual sense
- Experience sourcing photographers and illustrators and art directing photoshoots as well as conceptual illustrations
- Digital design experience with demonstrable knowledge of UX/UI
- Excellent communication skills and experience talking through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Sketch skills are desired but not required
- Video editing skills are a plus
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the publication of record for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more. Footwear News’ parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.