IndieWire: Video Producer
- Full Time
IndieWire: Video Producer
IndieWire is hiring a Video Producer based in Los Angeles who can work from script to screen as a key member of our growing editorial team, working within an extremely fast-paced entertainment news-based and creative environment. This role will work directly with all members of the editorial and advertising teams to engage our readers about the frontlines of the film and television industries. From video content for social media, news coverage, and reviews, to event coverage, branded/sponsored content, and sizzle reel creations, the Video Producer will grow our video footprint in the digital space across many formats.
The Video Producer will be able manage and deliver video content based on editorial, brand, and sponsor requirements. The ideal candidate should have a track record of event coverage with high production value and quick turnarounds. They should also be a voracious consumer of film and television and have a strong familiarity with the IndieWire brand. The primary role for the Video Producer is to work with our teams, contribute ideas, technical expertise, and create video content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms.
- Produce innovative editorial video content for film and television sections
- Craft original ideas for video creation, in addition to executing against assignments
- Develop strategies for growing online video footprint on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and elsewhere
- Shoot, edit, and produce high-quality video content for IndieWire/PMC live media events
- Manage on-location shoots, sets, and crews, including live streaming
- Manage multiple productions and ensure on-time delivery
- Produce electronic press kits in a timely fashion following brand events
- Produce sizzle reels to support the brand’s sales and marketing efforts
- Brainstorm, facilitate, and execute branded/sponsored video initiatives
- 4-6 years’ experience shooting, creating, and managing the production of premium digital video
- Background in entertainment, news, fashion or similarly related digital consumer media
- Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced and ever-evolving video environment
- A track record of producing premium, high-visibility video for large-scale audiences
- Fluency in core video social platforms and their video integration
- Ability to work efficiently across multiple events, platforms, and stakeholders
- A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical and creative challenges
- Passion for film and TV, particularly as it pertains to independent creative voices
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Shooting with DSLR, digital cinema, and mirrorless cameras
- Color grading, After Effects, Sound Mixing
The leading news, information, and networking site for independent-content creators, the industry and fans. IndieWire launched on July 15, 1996 and is a two-time winner of the Webby Award for best entertainment website, IndieWire was lauded as a “must read” by Variety, branded the “online heartbeat of the world’s independent film community” by Forbes, and dubbed “best indie crossroads” by film critic Roger Ebert. For more information, please visit www.indiewire.com and follow the latest updates at @IndieWire on Twitter. IndieWire’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.