- Full Time
Stacker is a data-driven media company that distills expert analysis and in-depth research into insightful, compelling pieces presented in slideshow format across six verticals: News, Money, Lifestyle, Sports, Entertainment, and Travel. Founded in the summer of 2017, Stacker is now read by millions of Americans across 200M+ monthly page views through partnerships with MSN and dozens of news outlets. Despite the stigma around slideshows as a result of clickbait-style publications, we believe slideshows are a powerful and engaging format for delivering knowledge to readers and are building a company that enriches readers’ understanding of the world through authoritative, fact-based content.
As a lean team tackling 90+ in-depth research pieces each month (and growing), Stacker is looking for a highly driven assistant editor to work across first and final edits, as well as filling in occasionally with writing assignments and other various ongoing projects.
Stacker’s assistant editor’s main role will be to tackle second edits in the company’s CMS, and will be responsible for fact-checking all images to ensure their quality (and sourcing/swapping in new ones as needed), fact-checking, testing hyperlinks, reviewing for grammar and AP style, and ensuring each piece is ready for publishing.
The assistant editor will also help throughout the month with copyediting a network of 35+ freelance writers' work (in Google Docs), tracking progress with workflow across freelance and in-house writers and editors, and even filling in on some written pieces for Stacker. We expect the assistant editor to be a vocal participant on the team, providing feedback and helping our editorial team continue to grow.
Stacker Assistant Editor will be responsible for:
- Editing four to six stories daily in Stacker’s CMS
- Having an eagle eye for misspellings, plagiarism, photo quality, missing data, or misrepresentation of
- Making final edits for concise, clear copy that adheres to AP style
- Testing hyperlinks and ensuring they’re relevant to the text
- Filling in with first edits in Google Docs, writing, and ongoing projects as needed
- 2+ years working as an editor in a digital-first newsroom
- At least one year of experience editing in CMS and working with images (sourcing, uploading, etc.)
- Expert command over AP style and experience fact-checking
- A clear grasp of objective, fact-based journalism (Stacker does not editorialize)
- Broad knowledge of a diverse set of coverage areas—including news, sports, finance, entertainment, and lifestyle topics—with a curiosity for new topics
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to provide feedback to a network of writers and fellow editors
- Hard working, with a zero-defect attitude
Apply for Assistant Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly