Publicist - Altice USA News
- Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Altice USA News division is a business unit designed to focus on the continued development and growth of the company’s news properties. The Altice USA News group includes the U.S. division of international news and current affairs network i24NEWS, Varsity and the hyperlocal News 12 Networks, which serves local communities in the New York tri-state area.
The publicist is a new role focused on supporting the Altice USA News team in building awareness on all aspects of public facing media, publicity events, media planning, execution, and more. This role will:
- Coordinate all aspects of talent and/or producer involvement of publicity events, from initial ask to securing participation, planning, logistics and event execution.
- Monitor daily media by conducting news searches of i24News produced news stories and special coverage and to help “push” the i24News content to other media outlet and platforms.
- Develop a “Blast list” for the purpose of highlighting exclusive reports and interviews or breaking news and developments. This list must focus on news organizations to promote pickup by other news outlets.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting the most compelling video clips, photos and other promotional/publicity materials that fulfill needs of media and best represent the channel to viewers and other targeted audiences.
- Complete and track publicity clearance and/or licensing agreements for the various clips and outlets.
- Under supervision, pitche interview and story ideas to the Director of US Content and/or the VP of Content.
- Fulfill clip requests from various press, TV and online outlets for all shows. These clips are created for promotional use for electronic appearances and pitches.
- Follow best practices strategy as a television publicist for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media and/or location-based outlets. Work closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach on these platforms to our audience across all platforms.
- Establish close working relationships and positive rapport with talent and personnel — including executive producers, key production staff/crew and on-camera performers — in order to achieve domestic and global publicity objectives.
- We are looking for someone with a passion for news and a broad knowledge of what is happening around the world in news, as well as in the United States.
- 5 + years publicity experience with well rounded knowledge of news/TV media space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong knowledge on news current events.
- Thorough knowledge of today's print, online and television media.
- Ability to combine the two, both understanding of how different media outlets work and the events around the world, is a key element of succeeding this job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.