Sr. Writer, CNBC + Acorns
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, the country’s fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The Sr. Writer will be responsible for pitching and writing engaging content aligned with an optimistic target brand voice that informs, educates and inspires readers about trending market news stories and personal finance and investing topics. The ideal candidate will have extensive reporting experience, as well as a demonstrated track record for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of eighteen (18) months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Research, source, pitch and write personal finance and investing pieces for digital platforms
Deliver written content on deadlines set by Senior Editor
Contribute to highly engaging, multi-platform news coverage
Special projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
• At least 5 years of news writing experience covering business news, personal finance or investing
• Working knowledge of financial markets and terminology
• History in breaking down and explaining complex financial topics clearly and concisely for general audience
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Ability to come up with creative concepts and iterate as needed
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Outstanding communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills, strong work ethic and passion
• Experience at a digital personal finance or investing destination
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and excited to share ideas with team
• Reliability and efficiency
• Highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented problem solver
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.