Director, Corporate & Community Affairs
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee the development and management of community affairs initiatives relating to Telemundo’s community platform, “El Poder En Ti,” among other programs, and provide short and long term strategic direction and planning Manage community campaigns, sponsorships, local activations with Telemundo local stations, digital oversight of community website, content development for Telemundo social platforms, results-oriented programs to support resource guides for our audiences, industry events and brand amplification across community groups, local and national stakeholders and internal partnersWork with the SVP of Corporate & External Affairs to develop strategic community plans that will support the company’s priorities and goals and grow brand awareness Develop relationships and apply for grants with foundations to further the work of the company’s community initiatives Support the SVP of Corporate & External Affairs on projects with community-based organizations, professional and other elected officials and civic organizations Build and maintain strong relationships with community groups and national nonprofit organizationsCreate and enhance community partnerships and develop communications, lists and tools to inform stakeholdersLead participation in Comcast and NBCUniversal initiatives such as Comcast Cares Day and NBCUnites initiativesManage the review/vetting process for external invitations involving WNBC executives and news talent
• At least 5 years of experience in community development and affairs, nonprofit, and/or corporate social responsibility with experience in the media industry strongly preferred
• Grassroots experience and relationships with local governments, advocacy groups, and community organizations
• Proven experience developing programs that drive awareness of services or product offerings targeting Spanish language consumers and communities
• Experience working with governmental entities and partnering with them to achieve goals.
• Expertise in social and digital media
• Spanish language capabilities preferred
• Experience managing and planning budgets
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Comfortable with public speaking
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Superior influencing skills and the ability to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally
• Must be have excellent organizational skills
• Ability to quickly manage and sort company wide information
• Must be able to demonstrate sound judgement
• Strong program management skills
• Extremely detail oriented and a strong ability to provide insightful analysis
• Ability to work independently and be a thought leader
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.