Director, Corporate & Community Affairs
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee the development and management of community affairs initiatives relating to Telemundo’s community platform, “El Poder En Ti,” among other programs, and provide short and long term strategic direction and planning Manage community campaigns, sponsorships, local activations with Telemundo local stations, digital oversight of community website, content development for Telemundo social platforms, results-oriented programs to support resource guides for our audiences, industry events and brand amplification across community groups, local and national stakeholders and internal partnersWork with the SVP of Corporate & External Affairs to develop strategic community plans that will support the company’s priorities and goals and grow brand awareness Develop relationships and apply for grants with foundations to further the work of the company’s community initiatives Support the SVP of Corporate & External Affairs on projects with community-based organizations, professional and other elected officials and civic organizations Build and maintain strong relationships with community groups and national nonprofit organizationsCreate and enhance community partnerships and develop communications, lists and tools to inform stakeholdersLead participation in Comcast and NBCUniversal initiatives such as Comcast Cares Day and NBCUnites initiativesManage the review/vetting process for external invitations involving WNBC executives and news talent
• At least 5 years of experience in community development and affairs, nonprofit, and/or corporate social responsibility with experience in the media industry strongly preferred
• Grassroots experience and relationships with local governments, advocacy groups, and community organizations
• Proven experience developing programs that drive awareness of services or product offerings targeting Spanish language consumers and communities
• Experience working with governmental entities and partnering with them to achieve goals.
• Expertise in social and digital media
• Spanish language capabilities preferred
• Experience managing and planning budgets
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Comfortable with public speaking
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Superior influencing skills and the ability to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally
• Must be have excellent organizational skills
• Ability to quickly manage and sort company wide information
• Must be able to demonstrate sound judgement
• Strong program management skills
• Extremely detail oriented and a strong ability to provide insightful analysis
• Ability to work independently and be a thought leader
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 21 markets through 28 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
In concert with the overarching corporate strategy set by Telemundo, the Director of Corporate & Community Affairs will be responsible for developing and implementing community initiatives that include programs and awareness campaigns overseeing the company's philanthropic efforts, with a focus in the areas of education, finance, civic participation and health. The Director of Corporate & Community Affairs will also serve as the principle liaison to the parent company Comcast’s corporate social responsibility and government affairs initiatives.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.