News Digital Producer
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for reporting, producing, coordinating, planning, and publishing content on the website, apps, social media accounts, and broadcast platformsResponsible for editing and producing original stories on a daily basisSends breaking news alerts and produces live streamsResponsible for overseeing live studio operations, signal routing, and use of equipment for live broadcastingGenerates a wide variety of story ideas, research and set up the content and interviewsGenerates relevant topics and news briefs with script and videoResponsible for conceptualizing and writing accurate Spanish-language news storiesResponsible for selecting, writing, and organizing news storiesWorks under the direct supervision of the Digital Managing Editor and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a newsroom OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing social media platforms
• Prior work experience coordinating and supervising video & photo shoots with proper lighting
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Master’s degree in Journalism, Communication, or related field preferred
• Experience reporting and publishing in both English and Spanish digital outlets
• Experience in investigative reporting and politics coverage
• Understanding of digital metrics, ability to create reports and use tools for data analysis
• Exhibits an understanding of social media and messaging platforms
• Basic coding skills are a plus
• Exhibits knowledge of current entertainment industry trends for the Latin Market in the US
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories and enterprise stories
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Creative and highly organized
• Exhibits news judgment with solid ethical decision process
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The News Digital Producer is responsible for the creation, and distribution, of the editorial content for the website, apps, social media accounts, and broadcast platforms.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.