Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Provide general administrative support for Senior Vice President, Specials, including meeting planning, travel planning and submitting expense reports. Schedule/arrange meetings and conference calls, with internal and external parties at a fast and constantly changing pace. Handle confidential information with discretion. Working closely with specials and investigative team to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast. Act as a liaison between studio and control room, during breaking news situations. Research and compile visual elements for air. Assist with full-scope of production including compiling research for production team and talent, booking travel and organizing production logistics. Help monitor social media and web for any breaking news or long-term news stories
As a PA/Researcher with the Specials team, you will work directly with producers, senior producers and senior vice presidents to assist in the production of live breaking news and long-term news projects.
This is a staff with end date position, scheduled to end January 31, 2021.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, History or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 1-year of news production experience or internship related experience at the network or cable-news level.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with iNews
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- The ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Willing to work in New York, NY.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal.
- Experience with NewsConnect, Avid Media Central or Avid Interplay, VizRT graphics
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to recognize and implement reprioritization of tasks
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
- Demonstrated interest in graphics creation.
- Long-term career aspirations to be in the production/editorial space.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.