Marketing Assistant/Coordinator, James Patterson and JIMMY Patterson Books
- Full Time
Marketing Assistant / Coordinator, James Patterson and JIMMY Patterson Books
The Marketing Assistant or Coordinator provides administrative and project support for James Patterson and JIMMY Patterson Books. This position will work closely with an Associate Marketing Director and collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute high-impact marketing campaigns for JIMMY Patterson titles and authors, including James Patterson, and for James Patterson adult titles from Little, Brown and Company.
This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Assisting with title marketing campaigns including trade marketing, digital marketing, retailer marketing, and school & library marketing initiatives
- In partnership with the marketing team, creating and updating content for the James Patterson and JIMMY Patterson websites, newsletters, and communities
- Coordinating award submissions and managing database for tracking awards
- Creating email blasts sharing advertising and marketing recaps
- Providing ongoing administrative support including mailing books, coding invoices, tracking budgets, and scheduling meetings
- Marketing/publicity/publishing internship or equivalent work experience for Assistant; Minimum 1 year of experience in marketing or publicity for Coordinator
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, and meet quick deadlines
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in and enthusiasm for book publishing and marketing