TD / Technical Director, NY Technical Operations - CNN
- Full Time
This is our story
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
A CNN TD plays a lead role of the live control room team. A TD is responsible for supervising the control room technical crew during a fast paced 24-hour live news environment and executing the direction and vision of show director and producer.
What will you be doing?
- Switching fast paced productions seen throughout the world across CNN's global networks.
- Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news.
- Act as crew chief and technical lead assigned to the production staff productions.
- Ability to offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions.
- Collaborating with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed.
- Organizing and maintaining switcher layout and other auxiliary equipment associated with TD area.
- Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow throughout CNN networks.
- May be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped segment/shows.
What do we need from you?
Minimum experience requirements include:
- You have technical know-how and strong communications skills. That's what it takes to rise to the top of this team.
- An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment.
- A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented and a willingness to work in other areas as assigned.
- Five years of Industry experience technical directing in a live news environment
- Operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
- Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field.
- Candidate should have a strong interest in current events.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.