Robb Report: Digital Staff Writer
- Full Time
Robb Report: Digital Staff Writer
Robb Report is seeking a Digital Staff Writer to contribute to its website. Writers with 2+ years’ digital writing experience in a newsroom environment and with a strong interest in the luxury markets should apply. The Digital Staff Writer will source and write daily stories across categories for robbreport.com.
Staff Writer responsibilities:
- Pitch and write 3 to 5 trending news stories per day, working directly with RR vertical editors.
- Stay up-to-the-minute on news, and come up with original story ideas based on them.
- A proven ability to perform under high-pressure conditions; write quickly and concisely under deadline.
- An understanding of the nuts and bolts of good journalism practices (i.e., fact-checking and copy-editing basics, correct sourcing methods, etc.)
- At ease managing multiple stories, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams.
- Use data and research to evaluate your content’s impact, and push for continuous improvement that shows results.
- Maintain and evolve RR content standards, including voice and tone.
- Identify and develop relationships with new information sources.
- Pitch and write occasional feature stories for the web site and/or in print.
Requirements – The Skills You Need:
- You should have at least two years’ experience writing for a daily web site or on the digital side of a newspaper or magazine.
- Excellent writing skills and a talent for identifying angles that align with our brand and voice are critical.
- Should have a keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to juggle multiple tasks and stay calm under pressure.
- An online portfolio of relevant work samples.
- Experience working collaboratively with editorial teams in a fast-paced corporate and/or startup environment.
- Familiarity with AP style, an ability to write snappy web headlines, captions, and copy—and enough knowledge to know to break the rules.
- Excellent, highly creative communication and critical-thinking skills.
- Creative, positive, and nimble attitude and an ability to execute quickly.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Experience working in WordPress or other content management systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
About Robb Report:
For nearly 40 years, Robb Report magazine has served as the definitive authority on connoisseurship for ultra-affluent consumers. Robb Report not only showcases the products and services available from the most prestigious luxury brands around the globe, but it also provides its sophisticated readership with detailed insight into a range of these subjects, which include sports and luxury automobiles, yachts, real estate, travel, private aircraft, fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art, wine, state-of-the-art home electronics and much more. For connoisseurs seeking the very best that life has to offer, Robb Report remains the essential luxury resource.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.