This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 - 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Role Purpose
NBC Sports is looking for a (part-time) freelance ticker researcher to produce and operate the on-air ticker. Because the NBCSN ticker is direct to air on every program, the ticker researcher must be able to make editorial decisions, write and edit headlines and sports news stories in a timely fashion. The ticker researcher will be accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of all content and must research newsworthy and sport-specific content for all NBCSN shows and properties.Responsibilities Research, write, edit, and fact check all on-air ticker content Make editorial decisions, write and edit headlines and sports news stories in a real-time environmentProvide NBCSN ticker with real-time scoring, statistics, updates and all sports news informationWrite and identify breaking news stories, promotional copy, and program alerts in timely fashion Collaborate with production team and research staff to craft ticker content for live studio programming, including both show-specific and general sport informationClearly communicate with the control room leadership, master control, and outside technical and data providers to ensure a sound on-air productDevelop and implement strategy for multiple sport-specific ticker playlistsPerform other duties and responsibilities as assignedThe ticker researcher must also be familiar with all NBC Sports programming in order to accurately and creatively promote upcoming shows and events Basic Qualifications
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in sports journalism or related field
- Must demonstrate excellent journalism, writing and typing skills
- Must be detail oriented with a strong knowledge of sports
- Must be able to handle breaking news
- Understand current sports events
- Must be able to handle high volume of work quickly and accurately
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Familiarity of on-air ticker operation is preferred
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team, multi-task, and collaborate effectively with others
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.