SPY: Copy Editor
- Part Time
SPY: Copy Editor
Hours: Part-Time 16 hours/week
Salary: $20-23/hour ($24,960-$28,704 annually)
- Copy Editing: Helping to copy edit and schedule 4-5 stories a day, working with the Managing Editor to develop the weekly editorial calendar for SPY, while liaising with SPY’s pool of freelance writers to assign and update stories for the site.
- Pitching and sourcing 10-15 stories a week, developing article pitches based on sales performance data, trend reports, current events and monthly “holiday” calendar. This requires a strong understanding of product curation and merchandising, in addition to a general interest in style, grooming, tech and health content.
- Helping with back-end projects as necessary including but not limited to back-tagging, SEO research, social media posting, fact-checking, and PR outreach, working with the Managing Editor and Assistant Editor to identify areas of need
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in an editorial capacity, preferably in the lifestyle and digital marketing space.
- Candidate should be familiar with Wordpress, Google Suite, and basic publishing software, as well as have an understanding of Google Analytics and SEO best practices.
About Penske Media Corporation (PMC):
PMC is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.