Media Sales Services Specialist II
- Full Time
Cox Media, part of Cox Communications, works with local business to provide multi-screen marketing solutions.The Media Sales Services Specialist II (SSS II) assists sales consultants in developing multi-screen marketing solutions for local and regional businesses. Post sale, this role will ensure a frictionless end to end customer experience.
Work with both internal and external customers in the fast-paced world of media and advertising sales and support. Internal customers are primarily the Sales team but other departments as well. Work is time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue. The position requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and scrupulous attention to detail. Relationships are a team sport, so Cox Media seeks to hire employees who are client focused and facing this may include on- and off-site client activities. The role has significant contact with external customers by phone and in person. Communication is key in the position as it may assign work to others with no formal organizational authority. Works independently with limited supervision. Requires a higher degree of autonomy, proactivity and initiative than entry level positions. The collaboration with this role allows for interaction with many different partners on a daily basis.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Partners with sales consultants to build upon CNA data to prepare customized client solutions to include all Cox Media Products.
• Partners with sales consultants to develop a strong partnership and relationship with high revenue potential clients, agencies and/or rep firms to ensure all client needs are met.
• May support local origination channels.
• Creates quality and custom schedule proposals that reinforce our solutions selling model.
• Strategizes with sales consultants to increase revenue generation that includes up-selling as it aligns with the client solution and other opportunities available that fit within the client’s goals and objectives.
• Key duties include leading the collaboration between Client Services and Sales Services to develop proposals, schedules and customized solution presentations, partnering with the CFC (Centralized Fulfillment Center) for order entry and revision instructions, managing and troubleshooting ad copy, fulfilling make goods requests and managing client requests.
• Takes ownership and responsibility to solve complex internal / external customer problems.
• Is expected, on occasion, to be involved in after-hours client events and other activities.
• IMPORTANT: Key and National Accounts are by nature more complex with added complexity in client needs. Examples include research intensive customized solutions that include more depth of products which lends to complexity in fulfillment execution and management.
Major work activities include:
• Collaborates with sales consultants to develop complex client solutions and schedules based on the client needs analysis (CNA). Solutions involve ad campaigns with multiple fulfillment avenues and complicated schedules involving a large number of channels that broadcast to multiple geographic areas.
• Develops schedule proposals in View32 based on product mix, inventory availability, rating information, and rate card information.
• Develops custom client presentations based on proposed solutions; attends and may present portions of the proposal; updates the presentation and proposed schedule based on feedback obtained at the client meeting.
• May upsell in line with client goals and objectives and previously agreed-upon client solution, especially in conjunction with makegoods.
• Coordinates all account services support activity for assigned account, including development of customized solutions.
• Ensures that ad copy is submitted to the CFC, entered into Novar per instructions, approved, and corrected if necessary; updates or troubleshoots ad copy and locates previously used spot IDs and copy media, as needed.
• Investigates pre-empted spots, submits makegood instructions based on client or sales consultant direction, and ensures that makegoods are processed correctly in Novar.
• Contacts customers to obtain information or to inform them about schedule changes; responds to customers’ questions, solves their schedule-related problems, and handles other client requests by phone or in person; in conjunction with sales consultants provides follow-up information and post-campaign details to clients.
• Submits digital media (online product, mobile, VOD, Interactive) and local origination channel (LO) orders using the appropriate fulfillment processes and systems.
• Monitors key business reports to gauge the successful fulfillment of client contracts. Initiates and takes action as needed to engage sales consultants in modifications, changes, and/or client notifications needed.
• Sets up new clients/agencies in TIM and works with CFC to set them up in Novar and set up their billing.
• Coordinates and provides direction and assistance to CFC regarding order entry and revision. May act as informal team lead when no SS Supervisor or Manager is present.
• Investigates and resolves credit holds and misapplied payments; maintains records and keeps balance on all trade accounts.
• Attends job-related training that may include refresher training, and service updates.
• 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field (customer service, sales support, media sales, etc.)
• Strong experience with all Microsoft Office applications specifically, demonstrated expertise in PowerPoint and Excel. Highly skilled at navigating new platforms.
• Excellent skills in adaptability, critical thinking, applied learning, collaboration, delivering customer service, formal presentations, high impact communication, initiating action, problem solving and troubleshooting, quality orientation, reasoning, self-organizing, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• Impeccable attention to detail and organization required as a failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue.
• Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations discipline strongly desired (sales, advertising or marketing).
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
• Experience as a media buyer or planner, doing advertising agency work, working in a client-side marketing or public relations role, or some combination of these.
• Campaign management expertise required, mutli screen and campaign optimization preferred.
• Experience with digital advertising solutions focused on fulfillment tactics.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.