Account Executive - Brand Partnerships
- Full Time
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness (Well+Good and LIVESTRONG), and art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6, and Hunker). Our mission is to build platforms across our media and marketplace properties to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, while also helping advertisers find innovative ways to engage with their customers.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Account Executive grows with us.
You'll report to our Sales Director.
A typical day as an Account Executive might include:
- Prospect, negotiate and secure brand partnerships with advertising agencies and clients
- Manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked
- Close new business consistently at or above quota expectations
- Foster and nurture client relationships and be responsive, visible and relevant to designated account list
- Collaborate with internal marketing and client services teams to create advertiser solutions/advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Secure new business by developing and presenting relevant solutions that help clients achieve their marketing objectives
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide ongoing reporting and feedback to sales managementUtilize Boostr to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly and annual quotas
You’ll be successful in this role if you have strong knowledge of the digital media landscape including branded content, programmatic media, using data and insights to sell, and the ability to storytell in your pitch. You will understand how to navigate through organizations to get to senior level decision makers, how to open doors and secure meetings that deliver an outcome. You’ll be a hard worker with persistence and curiosity.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of digital advertising sales
- Proven go-getter with ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Strong relationships with key decision makers at advertising agencies and national advertising clients
- Diligent and motivated work ethic with a high energy, results-oriented style
- Experience in high-volume cold calling and pitching to senior executives/stakeholders
- Excellent communicator: outgoing, great writer, and public speaker
- A team player with collaborative spirit
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- Experience selling integrated digital programs
- Extra plus: experience working with health and wellness, home brands and products; experience selling experiential programs
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.