Email Marketing Manager - Hunker
- Full Time
Hunker is looking for an Email Marketing Manager to oversee its newsletter. You’ll be managing one of Hunker’s most important distribution channels and working with the Editorial and Audience Development teams to help and develop our newsletter.
Hunker helps first-timers improve their homes—with inspiring home tours, practical solutions, and design advice for real people. We believe that good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don’t have to be an expert to make it happen. We reach over 12 million readers every month fulfilling this mission.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Email Marketing Manager grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Director, Audience Development
A typical day as an Email Marketing Manager includes:
- Participating in the overall strategy of the newsletter, including new campaign ideas, marketing to new audiences, etc.
- Participating in the creative development process with the editorial team
- Working with the product and engineering teams on new products to incorporate within the newsletter
- Owning end-to-end campaign production: Pre-production, coordination of creative development, campaign setup (HTML coding), and deployment of marketing emails on ESP platform
- Proofing and QA of campaigns
- Delivering analysis and reporting of campaign and operational email performance and communicating results and providing/implementing improvement recommendations
- Conducting frequent analysis of competitor programs
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of email marketing and email production experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint & Excel)
- Email coding experience and proficient knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with ASP/ESP third party email platform, or internal email system (i.e. Maropost, YesMail, Cheetah Mail, Silver Pop, Acxiom, Sailthru, Bronto, etc.) or ASP platform (i.e. Responsys, ExactTarget etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once
- Strong teamwork skills and proven ability to partner across an organization to get tasks done
- Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop experience
- Reporting and analysis experience of email marketing campaigns strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.