Marketing Intern - Saatchi Art
Marketing Internship (Spring/Summer 2019, Paid)
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We’re looking for a Marketing intern to join us at our Santa Monica, CA office. Qualified interns will be given the opportunity to extend their internship through the summer quarter.
You’ll Report To: Marketing Manager
A typical day as a Marketing Intern might include:
- Administrative Support and Content Coordination (40%)
- Providing administrative support to the marketing team including but not limited to: maintaining the marketing calendar for business-wide use; coordinating and processing payments to vendors, contracts, and expenses; email newsletter production; preparing reports and decks; and coordinating with artists and other external stakeholders.
- Conducting research on competitors, artists, art history facts, and potential partners.
- Communicating with and gathering, coordinating, and organizing assets from artists, buyers, and influencers.
- Providing a weekly digest of latest news and trends on the art market and social media marketing.
- Social Media (60%)
- Working with the social media manager to develop, write, and post content on social media that engages target audiences.
- Learning to develop social content that is optimized to engage with target audiences.
- Monitoring social media and the news for trending topics and engagement opportunities.
- Reporting on social media weekly.
- Collaborating with curatorial, design, and marketing teams on thinking “social first” when creating content and campaigns.
You’ll be successful if you possess excellent organizational skills, a strong attention to detail, and an eye for art and design. This role requires writing error-free content while meeting deadlines and being agile to shifting needs. You should have the ability to jump between the creative and analytical sides of marketing, and demonstrate an understanding of content that performs well on social media.
What You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Art History, Journalism, or Communications preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience working in communications or marketing (social media marketing preferred).
- Comfortable using major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest).
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Premiere for image and video editing preferred.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task/multi-project.
- Ability to use sound judgement and consult others when in doubt.
- Excited about and takes interest in art.
- Creative with an eye for design.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture (i.e., Free Lunch Fridays and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast moving and fun environment!
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.