Technical Ad Operations Specialist - Revenue Operations
- Full Time
Leaf Group is looking for a detail-oriented individual to fill a key role in our Revenue Operations group at our Santa Monica, CA office. As a Technical Ad Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for managing technical ad projects between the Revenue Operations and Site teams across Leaf Group’s media properties and for technical troubleshooting, testing, and ad QA.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Technical Ad Operations Specialist grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Senior Technical Ad Operations Specialist
A typical day as a Technical Ad Operations Specialist might include:
- Collaborate with product teams to drive scalable advertising operational improvements and integration projects
- Maintain and optimize ad serving infrastructure and monetization using Google AdManager (GAM/DFP)
- Act as a technical liaison between internal departments and external clients to plan and implement new products, processes, tools, and changes in advertising technology
- Provide technical insight and analysis on testing new ad technologies and site optimizations
- Provide ongoing technical QA support on custom programs, executions, and integrations
- Identify and develop opportunities for creating and improving existing platforms, tools, and processes for greater efficiency
- Maintain appropriate and responsive working relationships with external clients and vendors
- Take on special projects under the Revenue Operations umbrella as needed
You’ll be successful if you are detail oriented, able to multi-task, and comfortable working directly with clients, technology, and sales. Experience with Header Bidding, Rich Media, site coding, project managing, ad trafficking and QA, reporting, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with clients and team members are expected.
What You Have:
- BA/BS required, web development experience is a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in ad operations or an ad technology role
- Experience working in Google AdManager (GAM/DFP) in Desktop and Mobile Web. Video and Mobile in-app is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented with great attention to accuracy, have excellent organizational skills and have the ability to manage and communicate with teams on multiple projects
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of larger interdisciplinary ad operations team
- DMP and Header Bidding experience/knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of the digital media industry and advertising technology
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.