Video Intern - Well+Good
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for a Video Intern to join our team in our New York office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
You’ll Report To: Video Producer & Strategist
A typical day as a Video Intern might include:
- Act as production assistant for branded and editorial video production
- Handling catering for video shoot, as well as any prop and styling runs that need to be done before or during a shoot
- Managing comprehensive video production calendars
- Tracking weekly video metrics across WellandGood.com and social platforms as well as maintenance and upkeep for ongoing analytic tracking
- Maintaining expense reports and production budgets
- Building Call Sheets for productions and maintain daily production schedules
- Collaborating with producers to meet the needs of Production and Post Production
- Arranging meetings and talent travel for production
- Coordinating creation of video briefs with Video Producers, Branded Content Editors, talent and recipes developers
- Assisting with post-production timeline management, and first round of notes on new projects
- Maintenance of video team media and assets
You’ll be successful if you are highly organized, have a can-do attitude, and you are passionate about learning and growing within the digital publishing industry.
What You Have:
- Previous experience in video production and digital media a huge plus.
- Familiarity with all aspects of production to facilitate effective communication.
- Familiarity with Digital Media and Branded Content.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working with daily time constraints.
- Talent for anticipating needs.
- Professional judgment for handling confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional telephone etiquette.
- Adept at general administrative tasks like budgeting, data entry, and word processing.
- Attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Must be proficient with google sheets, docs, and calendar.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no task being too small or too large.
- Nice to have: video shooting and editing skills.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- Cool office environment and culture
- Paid Internship
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.