Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist
- Full Time
Edgeworth Economics is a boutique economic, financial, and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigations involving antitrust, mergers and acquisitions, class certification, labor, intellectual property, transfer pricing, and complex commercial damages. Our clients include law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies.
An excellent opportunity is currently available for a marketing professional to join our firm. As Edgeworth Economics constantly and rapidly grows, the marketing team handles the challenging and exciting task of positioning the firm in the marketplace and promoting Edgeworth as a premier boutique economic consulting firm. In this role, you will work closely with our Marketing and Communications Director and other colleagues on various projects.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
Marketing & Communications
- Assist with day-to-day written and visual communication for internal and external audiences, including managing the firm’s social media presence and writing and editing copy for marketing collateral and communications. Reinforce and maintain the firm’s voice and style.
- Oversee and support internal marketing communication projects including the internal newsletter, intranet, and a wide variety of firm-wide communications and announcements.
- Draft firm-wide memos, speeches, and presentations for firm management and other important internal communications as directed by the Marketing Director.
- Maintain the firm’s website, drafting new content and utilizing visual imagery. Monitor the site’s SEO and performance analytics.
- Create and disseminate email and direct mail campaigns using targeted lists and adhering to best practices and legal requirements. Measure and report on effectiveness of each campaign, taking a proactive lead in identifying areas for improvement.
- Stay abreast of and help navigate legal requirements that impact the firm’s marketing initiatives, including but not limited to privacy requirements, spam laws, and copyright usage.
- Assist in building out the firm’s marketing technology platforms to better support marketing campaigns, business development, and other enterprise goals.
- Produce graphic design of marketing collateral. Maintain Edgeworth’s visual identity and recognition. Manage the production and implementation of print and electronic materials.
- Support all aspects of marketing events including pre-event logistics, event management, and execution as well as post-event follow up and analysis.
- Lead initiatives that result in the firm’s recognition in the recruiting market including top workplace surveys.
- Manage community service initiatives and other internal firm-wide projects.
- Assist the Marketing Director in developing the Marketing Communications Budget and Plan including monitoring expenditures and evaluating effectiveness.
- Develop a deep understanding of the firm’s practice areas and the economic consulting and legal markets, with the goal of providing useful information and analysis to Partners.
- Conduct market and competitive intelligence research to support strategy and business development initiatives at the individual, practice, and firm-wide level.
- Work with the Marketing Director in the development of marketing plans for practice areas and geographies. Take a proactive position in coming up with ideas for the experts/company positioning.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, marketing communications, and project management, preferably at a consulting firm, law firm, or other professional services organization.
- Experience with a variety of computer programs including PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. Graphic design experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of developing strategic plans for organizations’ marketing communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skill in being highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Proven track record in planning and managing marketing communication programs.
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth's Careers website. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.