Director of Marketing
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Altice USA News division is a business unit designed to focus on the continued development and growth of the company’s news properties. The Altice USA News group includes the U.S. division of international news and current affairs network i24NEWS, Varsity and the hyperlocal News 12 Networks, which serves local communities in the New York tri-state area.
The Director, Consumer Marketing will work closely with VP of Marketing & Audience in crafting and implementing communication plans and marketing strategies across owned, paid and emerging media platforms for the Altice News USA brand including News 12(consisting of 7 local networks) and the 24/7 global news channel i24NEWS. Responsible for providing strategic direction and project management support to full Consumer Marketing & Media team, including Owned Media, Paid Media, and Paid Social. Responsible for developing campaigns with creative teams including graphics, promos, content creators, and news directors.
More About What You’ll Do:
Alignment & Planning
- Work closely with Research department and VP, Consumer Marketing & Media to provide recommendations on how marketing can support achievement of overall brand goals
- Gain alignment from Programming and Creative teams on content positioning and key communication points
- Responsible for development and distribution of marketing briefs for all campaigns, including program summaries, marketing objectives, audience insights, communication positioning and creative asset needs
- Present marketing briefs to all departments, ensuring cross-functional adherence to communication strategy
- In partnership with paid media lead, present marketing brief to external agencies
- Active role in selecting and championing any partnership or activations that exist outside the media space
- Establish overall marketing timelines, from show greenlight to premiere, including all marketing milestones and key meetings
- Facilitate creative brainstorm sessions for high-priority shows/content ideas to generate big ideas; work across departments to identify opportunities to expand upon ideas and increase scale
- Develop digital and social campaigns in partnership with the digital teams
- Develop relationships with the news brand and outside agencies, advertising partners, and local organizations.
- Keep Organic Social team updated on priorities; outline areas for support and stunts
- Work with department leads across Paid Media, Ad Sales, Programming, Business Development, and Creative teams to develop and marketing plan rollout strategies
- Responsible for project management of paid campaigns, functioning as liaison between external agencies, creative, and production teams to communicate asset needs and deadlines
- Development of cross-functional marketing campaign decks to be shared with senior leadership team, studios and producers
- Develop additional campaign launch documents as needed, with purpose of internal communication of campaign strategy, creative and tactical highlights
- Evaluate internal processes on an ongoing basis, identifying opportunities for optimization and establishing best practices
- Work with digital editorial/web team to keep content pages updated with content details and creative assets
- Develop social media extensions in partnership with the digital teams for all marketing campaigns
- Develop ad sales pitch decks for all content with upsell opportunities
- Collaborate on post campaign analyses to help communicate key learnings and application of said learnings on future campaigns (establishing Best Practices)
- Serve as campaign expert through development of strong, collaborative relationships across all departments, including creative, programming, scheduling, press, social, digital, affiliate marketing, consumer products, ad sales
- Actively seek out and identify opportunities for innovative marketing approaches, partnerships, cross-department collaboration
- BA/BS Degree
- Proven track record in building partnerships and co-marketing opportunities; 5-10 years
- Understanding of marketing partnerships from conception to execution
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple personalities within different departments
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of entertainment landscape, including competitive set and non-linear platforms
- Self-starter, driven to seek out new opportunities and develop ideas without direct oversight
- Adaptability, comfortable with shifting deadlines and direction
- Have strong sense of story and a passion for local and global news
- Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
- Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.