- Full Time
WGAL-TV Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a highly motivated and creative Part-Time News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
· Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
· Maintain news archives.
· Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
· Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
· Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
· Taking in video feeds from field crews.
· Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
· Experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) preferred..
· Military experience will be considered.
· Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
· Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
· Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
· Must be able to handle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
· Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
· Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
· Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
· Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
· Possess a valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
· High School Diploma
· Some college or technical school preferred
· Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus