Manager, Inventory - News
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Maximize inventory: move forward advertisers to fill avails and help clear watch listStrategically maximize revenue through Inventory usageDaily communication about remaining avails for closing logs plus a projected out look to following weekWork closely with ASR & Planning Management and support assigned projectsDistribute Stewardship guidelines and ADU approvalsManage DR & ADU inventoryHelp maintain Stewardship and schedule changesManage re-expressions from schedule changes throughout the yearWeekly/Daily Inventory reports with sell outsOversee resolution of pending issuesUpdate Ad Sales about upcoming Inventory in sales meetingsWork with Planning Management to improve best practices and business processManage Breaking News & Partial Preemptions as well as ‘Do Not Air’ lists and other content-sensitive programmingCoordinate Annual Deep Dive materials (program descriptions and grids)Develop and maintain strong relationships with programming schedule directors and Comm Ops teamContribute to the training and development of Ad Sales Planners and ASRs
Manage administration of the internal sales process, with an emphasis on coordinating the maintenance of deals, reporting inventory availability and usage, and the delivery of national advertisers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of progressive related experience in media sales or buying
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet research
• Strong knowledge of media math and audience metrics
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years working experience either Agency Planning/Buying or Cable/Broadcast Ad Sales/Sales Support
• Candidate should have had supervisory experience in a past work situation
• This position requires a strong media math skill set, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills required including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• A working knowledge of iDeal and Gabriel is preferred, but not required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.