Sales Representative - Outside
- Full Time
The Charlotte Observer has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Representative to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team!
- Identify and call on prospective new CharlotteFive newsletter sponsors/advertisers/partners.
- Develop an understanding of the market, the product, and potential clients that are a fit.
- Pursue and acquire clients for sponsored content, advertising, and event sponsorships among other opportunities.
- Lead planning and executive of sponsored events including series and single events.
- Collaborate with the editorial and sponsored content development teams.
- Positive attitude and an eagerness to work with a talented team.
- A desire to be innovative and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Ideal candidate has already a strong Charlotte network.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 3 years of sales experience and some marketing experience.
- Proficiency in Google Web Tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Superb communication skills and a proven ability to acquire clients.
- Bonus points for being active on social media.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. The Charlotte Observer is part of McClatchy.