Assistant Account Executive: Wine & Spirits PR
- Full Time
An Assistant Account Executive with Colangelo & Partners will be a core member of the growing San Francisco team. Their work is multifaceted and varies depending on the individual, with many opportunities for growth. The main responsibility of the AAE’s is to work with account leaders on various aspects of the business to achieve client deliverables.
AAE’s are expected to be able to work across multiple PR disciplines and execute a broad set of measurable tasks with support from their peers and supervisors. AAE’s are given quantifiable goals, including garnering placements, drafting materials and beginning to form relationships with media/influencer contacts. They will be given responsibility within their accounts and are expected to interact with clients on calls, in meetings, and at events.
Qualifications- Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of wine/spirits hospitality and/or lifestyle/business/tech/travel PR experience, preferably with agency vs. in-house with a proven track record of results
- Basic understanding of public relations fundamentals including media list development, developing talking points for spokespersons, pitching across print/media/broadcast outlets
- Can work strategically across multiple accounts at once – and handle and field requests from clients, media and managers alike
- Adept in Cision and Microsoft office tools (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Strong research and database management skills
- Can network professionally at events and is interested in continuously refining PR skills and/or learn new one
- Ability to think creatively, contribute to team brainstorms and develop innovative communications campaigns for clients
- Social Media - Understands strategic social media campaigns and essential social media pillars (advertising, influencers, engagement, etc)
- Event Execution - Pitching, media/trade list building, and target fulfillment
- Showcases professionalism, respect and humility in every aspect of their job
What We Offer
- We encourage you to help us grow: new business bonuses, employee referral program.
- We want you to continue to learn: Education and training programs whether they be part of our in-house curriculum or subsidizing courses at accredited institutions
- We not only want to know our client’s communications goals, we want to understand their product from the glass as well! This means weekly happy hours, group outings to wineries and wine bars and more.
- We provide excellent benefits to our employees, including medical and dental insurance, 401K contribution matching, flexibility with Summer hours, and a paid leave policy including PTO for service, personal time and Summer Fridays. Benefits also extend to company-paid training programs, performance-based incentives, and the opportunity to work between the New York and San Francisco offices.
- We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.