Senior Writer - Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
A typical day as a Senior Writer might include:
- Write 2-3 pieces of content daily, comprising brand-building longform features that position Well+Good as a thought-leader in the wellness industry, SEO-focused stories, and quick-hit currency/news stories that breathe fresh life into trending topics of the day
- Work closely with social, design, and video departments to create content across platforms
- Call on your rolodex of experts to stay on the cutting edge of the wellness industry and pitch and execute original, reported stories accordingly
- Attend market events, desksides, and source meetings to gather intel for content creation and spot trends before they hit it big
- Commission articles to freelance writers and see that they’re executed in a timely manner
- Recruit talented freelance writers as need
- Report weekly metrics to the Managing Editor to workshop what’s working and help define content strategy
You’ll be successful if you are passionate about outstanding content, great ideas, and helping the entire team reach its full potential. A talented and confident writer, the Senior Writer is responsible for pitching and executing best-in-class articles on topics throughout the wellness industry—covering the rapid rise of CBD one day and how Trump’s latest policy change affects the health of Americans the next. A keen observer and critical thought-leader in the wellness space, you have an eye for spotting cultural trends and finding fresh ways to think about them—always with a wellness spin. This is a fast-paced position, and will require you to prioritize your tasks in order to see them executed in a timely way. While this is primarily a writing role, you’ll be expected to commission and edit articles and project manage tentpole projects when needed.
What You Have:
- 5-8 years editorial experience
- Exemplary writing and reporting skills. You’re a creative, thoughtful, and discerning writer who is able to view the burgeoning wellness industry with a critical eye and add depth, analysis, and personality to your stories.
- A strong journalism and reporting background. This role requires a demonstrated ability to report and write in-depth feature articles.
- Meticulous fact-checking and editing skills—the ability to edit for grammar, voice, and flow
- Superior editorial judgment: You know which stories *need* to be covered (and how to do so in a new, interesting way) and which can be skipped
- Strong wellness and style industry contacts
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time
- Ability to use Google Analytics, or similar data platforms, and extract actionable insights from data
- A passion for high-quality digital content
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats—no job is too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.