PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position anticipated to last through 2022, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Job Summary
The Production Logistics Coordinator is a key position reporting to the Manager, Production Logistics, in support of the 2020 Summer Olympic Games and 2022 Winter Olympic Games. This role will be responsible for assisting with the planning of all Production Logistics functions including operational and logistical support and sourcing requests. The role will transition into a Games-time role executing the plan and overseeing the Production Logistics operations for the Venues. During that time, the Coordinator will be based at the warehouse in the Host City. Responsibilities
Work under the direction of the Manager, Production Logistics to develop, implement, and coordinate Production Logistics operations; including, but not limited to:
IBC and remote venue management and fit out, including furniture, décor, signage, cleaning, office and non-technical supplies (using custom online ordering system) and other facility support functions.
Assist with inventory management and physical packing of equipment and goods domestically and internationally Support with budget tracking and analytical metrics trackingKey US-based lead for procuring all non-technical goods and supplies for internal and external entities Oversee the receiving and tracking of all Production Logistics items within the Operations & Equipment Management SystemAssist in coordinating vendor relationships for non-technical foreign Olympic Sourcing and support needs, including furniture, office, and other production suppliesAssist in the recruiting, hiring, and training of foreign Olympic support teams, including onboarding supportOversee timekeeping, as the key “submitter” for the DepartmentOversee the internal online ordering system and support desk operations; both domestically and internationallyBasic Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in sports broadcasting or production related field, Olympic Games operations and/or large-scale sporting event experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage many moving parts and personnel within the same project
- The position is physically demanding at times, including lifting and standing for long periods
- Willingness to work afterhours and weekends and be available as needed
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT and Monroe, CT. Willingness to travel and work domestically and internationally for extended periods is required
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Proficiency in Windows and MS Office
- Proficiency with general database and online ordering systems
- Strong analytical, technical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support of customer relationships
- Strong relationship-building skills and solid integrity
- Ability to meet strict time frames in environments with zero tolerance for failure
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports is synonymous with superior production that elevates the event, broad promotion, and mutually-beneficial partnerships. Known as America’s Olympic Network, NBC has broadcasted 14 Olympic Games including the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, more than any other network. NBC Olympics is also renowned for its award-winning production including more than 90 Emmy Awards. Its ability to amass large audiences with broad promotion, particularly for the Olympics, has resulted in NBC Sports broadcasting nine of the top 10 most-watched events in U.S. television history, including the 2012 London Olympic Games which stands at No. 1 all time with 217 million viewers. In 2009, NBC Sports won the prestigious Peabody Award for its production of the Beijing Games and was named ‘Best in Sports Television’ at the Sports Business Awards.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.