The Senior Producer, Multi-Platform Original Content is an in-depth storyteller, captivating designer, comprehensive strategist and fan-first thinker with the ability to manage and execute all aspects of creating compelling multi-platform original content.
This position will guide the creation of high-quality visual content and, in cooperation with contributors and stakeholders throughout the network, manage the distribution and promotion of that content across all of NBC Sports Washington’s platforms.
The Senior Producer, Multi-Platform Original Content will report to the Managing Editor.Core Responsibilities:
Manage the ideation, production, and distribution of high-quality original content with a focus on in-depth storytellingProactively plan the production of original content to enable seamless integration into the network’s overall content strategyDirect and supervise original content projects and small teams of producers, photographers, and editors tapped to contribute to those projectsCreate and execute comprehensive rollout and promotion plans for original content projectsOversee the time, equipment, personnel, and finances associated with original content projects to allow for the effective and proactive allocation of resources relative to other network prioritiesCommunicate best practices for shooting high-quality original content—including equipment usage and configuration, shot sheets, shooting & editing techniques, etc.—to content creatorsMonitor and report on the performance of original content across platformsMentor and develop a team of editors to contribute to original projects and work across NBC Sports WashingtonBasic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in high-quality visual content creation and distribution
- Minimum of 3 years experience in digital media or marketing
- Strong editing skills, including extensive experience with and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite design programs such as Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Deep understanding of current digital content best practices, design trends, equipment and technologies
- Knowledge of major social media platforms, their best practices & native analytics
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines and learn from mistakes
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and motivate others to pursue common, ambitious goals
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Proactive, positive, and reliable
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Passion for sports and sports culture a plus
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of previous work illustrating experience relevant to this position
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.