Senior Public Relations Manager
- Full Time
Senior PR Manager, Hurtigruten Americas
Hurtigruten is a global brand and a pioneer within international adventure tourism. The company has approx. 2600 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Norway.
Hurtigruten is taking the cruise industry into the next century and beyond. We are building the greenest fleet of ships in the business and pushing hard to become completely emission free. Hurtigruten bring innovations such as the world’s first hybrid cruise ship and fuelling our vessels with waste products.
As the global leader in expedition cruise travel, we are on a mission to deepen our shared knowledge and love of the oceans to ensure their protection. In business since 1893, Hurtigruten is today the world’s most sustainable expedition cruise company. Over the coming years, Hurtigruten’s fleet will mainly consist of hybrid powered expedition ships and ships that are converted to LNG and biogas.
Hurtigruten operates premium exploration voyages to Norway, Greenland, Svalbard, Iceland, Europe, South America, Central America, North America, Arctic Canada, and Antarctica.
For more than 125 years, the Hurtigruten ships have been a hallmark of the Norwegian coast. Today, the fleet counts 14 – 17 to be – ships sailing to the Arctic and Antarctica, and many destinations in between. In 2019, the first of two new state-of-the-art hybrid vessels, MS Roald Amundsen, will join the fleet – as a testament to Hurtigruten’s commitment to sustainability and innovation.
Hurtigruten is substantially increasing its presence in US waters and in the US market and is seeking a trailblazing, ambitious and commercially oriented Senior PR Manager for the Americas. This position will be based in Hurtigruten Americas HQ in Seattle, Washington and work in conjunction with our contracted PR agency.
- Significantly contribute to positioning the Hurtigruten brand and brand associations in the US market through planning and executing proactive, targeted B2C and B2B media initiatives in line with business, commercial and communications strategies.
- Oversee US execution of globally initiated B2C and B2B media initiatives.
- Manage US execution of globally initiated omnichannel (paid, earned, owned) communications initiatives.
- Ensure continuous high quality response service with US media outlets.
- Support in handling global media inquiries.
- Plan and execute US press trips (individual and smaller groups) for journalists and influencers.
- Manage US support of global (group) press trips for journalists and influencers.
- Plan and coordinate US-based communication projects and events.
- Hold the role as Project Manager and/or represent Communication and Public Affairs in selected US and global communication and interdisciplinary projects/events.
- Produce press releases and contribute to the production of other relevant branding content e.g. SoMe material.
- Hold responsibility for day-to-day management and coordination of US-allocated external agency resources.
- Be an integral part in Hurtigruten’s US crisis management and communications organization.
- Proactively build and maintain US network of journalists and influencers.
- Support Hurtigruten’s US commercial organization and other local Hurtigruten stakeholders with communication expertise.
- Day-to-day management of US end of Communication and Public Affair team’s systems and platforms.
- Other communication tasks within the area of responsibility of Hurtigruten’s global Communication and Public Affairs team.
- Commercial mindset
- Considerable work capacity
- Strong team player
- Fond of travelling
- Higher relevant education at minimum Bachelor level, preferably with concentration in communication / media / journalism.
- Minimum five years of experience as a press duty officer / company spokesperson.
- Experience from strategic and operational PR work with proven results, preferably globally.
- Experience from PR agency or as a journalist is an advantage.
- Strong business understanding and commercial orientation.
- Outstanding oral and written English skills.
- Network of global journalists and influencers, within the travel and / or cruise segment(s) essential.
- Relevant IT knowledge, especially related to online media.
Hurtigruten provides an excellent benefits package which includes: competitive compensation, employer paid Medical, Vision, Dental, EAP, 401k with 4% match, 10 paid Holidays, 2 weeks of vacation (increasing to 4 weeks of vacation), 7 personal days, familiarization trips, excellent employee discounts, and more!
Apply for Senior Public Relations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly