Manager, Business Development Operations
- Full Time
The NFL Media Group is seeking a Planning and Operations Manager who will be responsible for supporting content and distribution partnerships across the NFL’s media team. This is an exciting opportunity to work across a broad range of traditional and digital media channels to help facilitate and support operational transition from deal execution to product implementation and ongoing coordination. This role requires an individual who can combine a solid understanding of the overall sports media space with a comprehensive foundation in project planning and operations.
The ideal candidate possesses outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines. Must enjoy watching football and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a proven ability to handle a high-volume workload.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and tactical support for the Business Development team by collaborating with teams such as product, tech/engineering, analytics, media sales, and broadcast operations to more effectively implement media deal requirements and flawlessly execute projects across linear and digital channels
- Actively develop internal and external relationships to help advance group and overall League initiatives
- Assist with the facilitation and implementation of product requirements for media partners during post deal execution
- Provide client management support to media partners and stakeholders weekly status meetings and daily communication of project tracking
- Effectively communicate project status among various groups and properly manage to deadlines by developing and maintain project plans to track progress
- Support Business Development Operations Director in developing and executing strategy for collaboration across LA Digital Media team including liaising with Product and Tech teams
- Assist with in-season gameday operations including monitoring digital partner live game streams and governance checks (i.e. ensuring games are streaming on partner platforms as expected and escalating any issues in real-time)
- Expected travel to Los Angeles office approximately once every 6-8 weeks
- 2 – 5 years related professional experience within digital project management.
- Ability to show experience in and understanding of overall media landscape (television, online, wireless, etc.)
- Basic understanding of product operations in the media landscape (e.g., digital applications such as website and apps, live streaming and VOD content access across connective devices)
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Knowledge of sports industry and interest in football
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multitask