- Full Time
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a
solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands
to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut
and its OTT product – Gamut TOTAL – empower advertisers through guaranteed
premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign
performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company
Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine
over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and
quality inventory. For more information on Gamut, please visit: http://gamut.media/
The ideal Media Planner (MP) candidate will have a
stellar attention to detail, multitasking skills and a data-driven mindset. The MP develops campaigns for clients that
increase brand awareness and generate return on investment. The Planner must
assess each client’s KPI’s and utilize all tools in Gamut’s product set to
create a customized strategic approach. These products span all forms of
digital media including digital video, audio, display, mobile, high impact,
publisher direct and social channels. It is the MP’s responsibility to efficiently
and accurately enter orders into the system, as well as make any necessary
adjustments through the campaign life cycle. The MP will also work very closely
with the Account Management team to produce quality, strategic and creative proposals for all
of Gamut’s highly valued clientele. It
is also paramount that the MP be able to prioritize tasks to ensure all plans
are delivered, orders are entered, and campaigns are launched in a timely
- Gather forecasts
- Build strategic, creative, custom proposals.
- Enter orders into Wide Orbit Digital Hub.
- Assess the needs of ops, billing and advertiser to decide
on most appropriate and effective method of campaign entry.
- Entry of relevant planning data into Salesforce to
maintain activity tracking.
- Generate and deliver accurate XML documents to the client
in a timely manner.
- Maintain tracking of “order links” that come through
Prisma, ePort and other order transmission methods.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Gamut systems
(Freewheel, TTD, WODH, Optimus, Salesforce).
- Provide weekly activity reports to Media Planning
management including number of IOs entered, RFPs worked on, margin analysis,
- Publisher outreach to gather rates, specs and other
relevant campaign info.
- Inform planning portion of RFP decks in collaboration
- Aggregate and organize creative specifications for media
- Maintain general campaign awareness.
- Support a team of dynamic Strategic
Account Managers and Account Executives
- Incorporate strategic, targeted
and innovative elements into campaigns.
- Work with SAMs, sales,
insights, analytics and marketing in the “pre-planning” phase to refine
- Troubleshoot campaign
issues, provide creative solutions.
- Make smart
recommendations based on assessing needs.
- Prepare sales proposals to AM/Sales teams in a timely
- Maintain knowledge and expertise of Gamut’s products,
pricing, and build plans accordingly to nurture the health of Gamut’s business.
- Excellent attention to detail,
ability to produce quality output with no/minimal error, and refined sense of
- Basic knowledge of media math,
terminology and digital media concepts.
- Proficient data entry and order
- Superb organizational skill
- Multitasking mastery
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity around KPIs,
industry benchmarks, and how best to achieve those success metrics.
- Analytically driven to make
- Knowledge of multiple
- Effective time management and
organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising
or related field is preferred.
- The ability to multitask and “do what it takes” start-up
- Must be a team player!
- Must be based in New York City
- Basic knowledge of digital
advertising concepts and products as well as a familiarity with offline media
- Experience with 3rd
party data, DSP interfaces, forecasting UI’s, CRM tools, Salesforce
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.