Video Producer, SYFY WIRE
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Own the creative development and production process of multi-platform video from ideation through post-production, with an emphasis on research and scriptingMaster the SYFY WIRE editorial voice and ensure its consistency across platformsProduce shoots in the field and on set, working closely with production companies and talentWork with design group to create graphics-based content
The Video Producer will be responsible for the creative ideation and execution of longform and shortform video content across all platforms for SYFY WIRE, SYFY’s genre news and lifestyle brand. The producer will take projects from development through post-production and support one-off creative needs as they arise. He/she will also have ownership of the production process, managing projects and continually problem solving to move them forward.
First and foremost, the producer must be a storyteller and visual thinker with outstanding journalistic instincts who can craft engaging, unexpected narratives through a variety of unique and original video formats.
3+ years related experience
Must submit a reel/portfolio of work examples
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Willingness to work overtime with short notice
Must be willing to work in New York
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Platform-agnostic storytelling experience preferred. Longform, shortform and micro-content. Online, on-air and on mobile.
• Creative thinker with outstanding producing and project management skills
• Strong writer who can turn a phrase, script conversational dialogue, and make sales jargon make sense.
• Experienced video editor with a strong sense of editorial style and rhythm and an ear for great music.
• Flexibility to roll with projects as they come, whether it’s overseeing an always-on content series or turning around a one-off project in a matter of hours.
• Someone who thinks in words and images and can suggest and implement design solutions.
• Comfortable in both the field and the office.
• Interest in using data and beta testing to talk to our audience in the right way at the right time.
• Strategic thinker who takes initiative, speaks their mind and is interested in shaping team culture and workflow best practices.
• Comfortable pitching ideas in writing and in person to peers, executives and talent.
• Knowledge and interest in sci-fi, fantasy and horror content, culture and news preferred
• Proficiency with After Effects and Photoshop and other creative production tools.
• Familiarity with operating DSLR cameras, basic lighting and audio.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.