Digital Politics Reporter
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Generate original story ideas and develop fresh angles for reported pieces on the big stories of the day Take the lead on enterprise reporting, from interviewing sources to reporting in the field Maintain an active presence on social media Use and cultivate sources and contacts to bring home exclusives Share information with broader NBC News network in a timely fashionBe a self-starter hungry to break news, eager to jump on the day’s biggest talkers, pitch and report stories that are original, sharp and distinct
Do you have a passion for politics? NBC News Digital seeks an exceptional politics reporter who is looking to do high-quality journalism that can capture the day’s news and also push to resonate beyond it. The applicant should have a track record of scoops, small-medium-large. And be driven for more. We are looking for a reporter who is excited to join an iconic news organization and own its space.
Job Duties Include:
• Must have a bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 6 years of experience as a journalist breaking news
• A track record of scoops, small-medium-large
• Strong writing skills - ability to write focused, muscular stories on tight deadlines, along with crafting long-form stories with voice and style - original, sharp, distinct
• Deep Knowledge of politics is essential
• Working relationships with elected-appointed officials, lobbyists/PR heavyweights, White House and congressional staff, special interest groups, campaign and political operatives
• An interest and understanding of video and alternative storytelling techniques, including data visualization, is a plus.
• Fluency in SEO, social-media and basic analytics is required.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in NY
• • Willingness to travel and work on weekends with short notice
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.