- Full Time
Arcadia Power is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the utility industry. At Arcadia Power, we’re guided by a common purpose: We believe in a future that is powered by 100% renewable energy. Our team is building the utility of the future - one that breaks down the barriers to clean energy access and puts customers first. Arcadia Power users all over the country choose clean clean energy, save with solar power, lower their utility bills and track their impact every day. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone.
We are seeking a Content Strategist to join the Brand team. The ideal candidate is motivated and passionate about building out multi-channel content strategies, maintaining and iterating on brand voice and tone, effective storytelling, and leveraging research insights to compile effective content strategy and execution. The Content Strategist will bring an audience-first approach and extreme attention to detail to overseeing the development of content that supports the customer journey throughout the life of an Arcadia Power experience.
This role reports to the Brand Director and works closely with the Marketing, Product, Analytics & Data Science, and People & Impact teams. You will take on projects that span marketing, brand, product, social media, customer experience, video, talent acquisition, employee experience, and more. Come play an important role at a high-growth tech company expanding renewable energy access to millions of households across the country and shaking up the utility industry. Please include your portfolio with your application.
Arcadia Power is based in downtown Washington D.C. Candidates living outside of the DC-metro area who prefer to work remotely will be considered, however, regular travel to Arcadia Power’s DC office will be expected.
The Content Strategist’s role includes but is not limited to:
- Content Creation: Lead the development of content for campaigns and content experiences, ensuring all appropriate stakeholders are involved. Work with the Marketing and Analytics & Data Science teams to gather prior content and campaign performance data and insights to inform content and campaigns. Collaborate with the Marketing, Product and Customer Experience teams to develop strategic copy that aligns with project goals, brand positioning, and target audiences.
- Brand and Product Storytelling: Assist in developing narratives and stories the company can authentically tell that will engage customers and drive organic growth
- Content Research / Testing: Collaborate with the Marketing and Analytics & Data Science teams to test and gather research to validate content strategies.
- Workflow Management: Proofread/copy edit content across all departments and teams as necessary. Work closely with the Brand Director to reinforce, manage and iterate on content standards, style guidelines and processes to be implemented across all projects and teams.
- Content Distribution: Work with appropriate stakeholders to ensure campaigns are promoted and shared across all channels.
- Strategically utilize and iterate on the Arcadia Power voice in all copy across multiple target audiences including prospective and current members.
- Audit existing content to determine current performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Create concepts and write engaging copy that spans brand/identity, video, customer experience, corporate partnerships, events, email campaigns, and more.
- 4+ years professional experience in content marketing, editorial content development, or copywriting for B2C brands or agency’s with B2C clients and can effectively communicate the role played and ROI in past roles
- Bachelor's degree preferably in English, writing, communications, journalism, or other relevant field
- Passionate about taking a new-media approach to content and using data to inspire ideas
- Experience with and affinity for lean, agile and fast-paced work environments
- Outstanding writing and grammar chops with refined proofreading and editing skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in coordination with cross-departmental teams
- Extremely creative, able to present and pursue projects from concept to execution
- A great communicator who is responsible, eager to present new ideas, and willing to wear many hats
- An understanding of media planning, distribution, measurement, optimization, and syndication of content
- Knowledge of how to leverage data to A/B test, optimize and report on success of copy across various platforms
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- Weekly all-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to disrupt the energy sector
Arcadia Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.