Online Community Manager
- Full Time
Project Name: Lady Parts Justice League
Position: Online Community Manager
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Responsible for managing and maintaining technical and content posting and strategy needs across all LPJL online platforms including websites, social media programs and mobile applications.
The Online Community Manager will develop an overall online strategy to grow followers and increase LPJL exposure throughout all social media platforms with a specific goal to increase subscribers, follower and donors. This strategy should use an intersectional lens and reproductive justice framework that elevate the LPJL profile, our tone and brand in conversations around reproductive rights, with the goals of raising awareness, and mobilizing people to take action around abortion rights and reproductive rights issues.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Creating and adapting content for each specific online platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Periscope, and Snapchat.
- Develop long and short term strategies for the organization’s online communities as whole to grow subscribers, mailing list and brand awareness
- Develop long and short lead strategic planning for LPJL events and campaigns, including video and graphics components.
- Work with production coordinator, researcher, graphics and writing team to identify, plan, and implement social media strategies for important anniversaries, dates, and events.
- Maintain online platforms so they are up-to-date with current news, events and campaigns
- Update and maintain social media best practices bible and make sure LPJL team is briefed on any changes made to our look, tone or communications practices on our online platforms.
- Implement a consistent rapid response formula for reacting to breaking news
- Manage, guide, and direct the social media manager, making sure the messages are accurate, written on brand, and are within our Compliance Manual parameters.
- Create engaging relationships with our online community that feels personal, and special
- Increase search engine optimization throughout all LPJL online platforms.
- Conduct research and outreach to other comedy websites and activist organizations to create cross-content relationships and partnership opportunities.
- Make quick website updates in WordPress. Ensure that the content of the site is relevant, current, and engaging.
- Steward LPJL social media supporters, and monitor opponents. Identify key supporters who might be useful to LPJL for outreach.
- Provide bimonthly analytic reporting on all LPJL social media, website, and application platforms. In conjunction with staff, create targeted goals for measuring outcomes and benchmarking success.
- Regularly check and respond to messages throughout LPJL website, app, social media, and email platforms.
- Ensure that the online voice and presence is in the tone and brand of the LPJL organization.
- Attend major LPJL events to post in real time (required).
- Some travel required.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
2 years social media management and website management experience
- Extensive knowledge of the platforms and organizations who would be good partners for LPJ and LPJL
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Hootsuite, Google Apps
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools preferred
- Knowledge of app and web development and maintenance
- Proficiency at WordPress
- Ability to create analytic reports for all social media, website and application platforms
- Graphic design skills including Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of the differences between 501(c)4 and 501(c)3 content
- Exceptional time management skills
- Knowledge about the political and nonpolitical aspects of reproductive justice, and willingness to research more about the issue area
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams
- HTML and CSS knowledge
- Experience in humor and political writing
- Experience in rapid response communications
- Exceptional communicator
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Sense of humor
- Ability to embrace and execute change of creative priorities quickly
- Hungry for information
- Effective monitoring
- Ability to be calm in the face of stress
$58,000 to $65,000
Competitive benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, short term disability insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter
Lady Parts Justice League is a project of NEO Philanthropy, Inc., a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NEO's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability.