Markets and Investing Reporter/Columnist
- Full Time
TheStreet.com seeks a highly experienced Markets and Investing Reporter/Columnist to generate real-time analytical articles for our subscription-based Web sites aimed at professional and semi-professional investors.
Founded by famed market expert Jim Cramer, TheStreet.com and its subscription sites provide millions of investors with cutting-edge investment news and advice every day.
Based at our Wall Street headquarters in New York, our Markets and Investing Reporter/Columnist won't just cover the news of the day, but will provide insightful reporting and analysis not available anywhere else. Working directly with Jim Cramer, you must be able to break news, chase down tips and provide investors with unique, actionable information and advice on the latest market developments. The ideal candidate will have:
- Three to seven years or more of experience as a reporter, columnist and/or editor at a major financial-media company, or a mix of three to seven years or more as a journalist for a financial-media company and as a researcher or analyst for a financial firm. Some university study in economics or business subjects would also be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of markets, investing and personal finance.
- The ability to write clean, insightful market and investing copy in a fast-paced, real-time environment.
- A deep personal interest in stocks and markets.
- A willingness to appear on-camera in our videos.
- The ability to work early or late hours as dictated by the newsflow.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices is a plus.
Please note that this is not a remote position.