- Full Time
TheStreet.com is looking for a reporter/writer who can identify the biggest trending stories in investments, markets, personal finance and business and consumer news and cover them on a real-time basis.
The ideal candidate will be a business or markets reporter with two to five years or more of experience in a real-time news environment.
The successful candidate will have a wide understanding of pocketbook and investing topics, plus a clear understanding of how every story should be optimized for distribution via the Web, social media, video and newsletters.
- Write approximately seven informative, punchy news stories (300-800 words) every day.
- Use solid news judgment and editorial instincts to create stories in TheStreet's "voice" while also attracting large audiences, particularly on Facebook and via search engines.
- Work with graphic artists to create charts and photos that perfectly reflect each story's content.
- Collaborate with our SEO and social-media teams to plan and optimize the distribution of each story.
- Use third-party tools, but also devise your own unique and creative paths to finding, reporting and writing about the very best stories out there.
- Cultivate a network of news sources to provide expert analysis for your articles, and to also provide a heads-up on big news.
- Occasionally appear in video reports, roundtable discussions, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- At least two to five years of experience writing tight, clean, accurate copy for a large digital publisher.
- The ability to generate spot news, explainers, Q&As and other types of content across multiple platforms (text, video and social media).
- Deep knowledge of SEO best practices.
- A desire to jump on news quickly and always cover the next big story, bringing fresh, original angles to a variety of topics.
- The ability to do news analysis.