- Full Time
Seeking Financial News Writers and Editors for Growing Global News Portal
Proactive Investors is a global financial media portal that’s expanding its busy digital news desk in Manhattan. We're looking for writers and editors who are excited about joining a team that's redefining how small-cap stocks and markets are covered. This is an opportunity to make your mark with a fast-growing company.
For a decade we’ve been providing up-to-the-minute global coverage of breaking business news on thousands of listed and pre-IPO companies from our headquarters in London and our bureaus in the US, Canada and Australia, all of which are outfitted with state-of-art video studios.
From our newly opened digital newsroom in Midtown Manhattan, we cover US markets, public and private companies and world events. Our multimedia platform is complemented by high-quality investor events, smart investor relations delivery, and highly respected research. We offer a suite of news, multimedia, and investment research tools that enable companies and investors to connect intelligently.
We also deliver targeted content to many of the world’s largest news amalgamators, financial websites, and news-tracking services. And we provide commentary to dozens of leading investor-focused websites, breaking down our offerings into focused industry sectors, themes and topics.
Who we’re looking for
You are financially savvy, good at turning a phrase, have an eye for detail, and should be able to quickly deliver high-quality copy under demanding deadlines in a fun but fast-paced digital newsroom.
The ideal candidate has at least three to five years of experience writing and/or editing for a newspaper, newswire, or specialized website covering public companies, financial markets or both.
You demonstrate an understanding of how and why news coming from public companies generates value for investors.
Knowledge or experience covering biotech, the cannabis business, fintech or small-cap growth companies is a big plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related discipline.
· At least three to five years of reporting experience. Editing experience a big plus.
· A willingness to learn and to develop new skills.
· An ability to leverage coverage using social media.
What we offer
· A competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
· Opportunities for career enhancement. We are in a growth phase currently and can offer the opportunity for professional development.
· Possibility to work abroad. We have offices around the world and we’re keen for employees to take advantage of the various options that brings.
· A chance to join the team at our new office in Midtown Manhattan at one of the best-known names in financial markets in the UK, Australia and Canada.