Location: Centennial, Colorado
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Responsible for the overall editorial content for the assigned newscast.
• Work closely with news leadership to prioritize and drive news strategy
• Provide leadership and guidance in the selection of the most compelling and relevant stories to create content.
• Coordinate with the production, engineering, and IT teams to ensure smooth and seamless show productions as well as with the editorial team to ensure the most complete local news coverage.
• Communicate with news management and assignment desk personnel to shape newscasts and determine the composition and flow of all assigned platforms.
• Responsible for scheduling editorial staff to ensure proper coverage.
• Participate in the recruitment efforts and facilitate the newsroom orientation of new employees when needed.
• Track market competitive trends, develop and implement show content and format changes.
• Lead team with integration of social media and impact of content on all platforms while driving new engagement.
• Ability to effectively manage on-air talent.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• A minimum of 3-years previous experience as an executive producer or producer of daily newscast.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Must have demonstrated solid news judgment.
• Must be fully bilingual with strong Spanish writing skills.
• Strong skills producing live reports including coordinating with a live control room.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Centennial, CO.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have ability to work any shift, including holidays and weekends.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Natural leadership ability and skills.
• Sense of confidence and presence in communication and presentation style.
• Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiples deadlines.
• Direct, clear and effective communication style.
• Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.