Social and Brand Marketing Manager
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
SYFY WIRE is seeking a stellar social and brand marketing manager to join the team. SYFY WIRE is a multi-platform destination for everything sci-fi, fantasy and horror across movies, TV, comics, video games, books and more with up-to-the-minute news, in-depth analysis and content that drives conversation and debate. The Manager will help manage the planning and execution of SYFY WIRE’s social media strategy, including such platforms as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Tumblr. He/She will work very closely with the WIRE editorial team and social media agency. He/She will also be responsible for providing leadership and management support for the development of all brand marketing initiatives.
This position works closely with all teams at SYFY WIRE including the content/editorial team, media team, promotions/events team, Research and Analytics, Sales, linear and digital marketing.
This candidate must be able to juggle multiple projects in a very fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, a good communicator and has a strong understanding of the digital space.
Social Marketing Responsibilities
· Work closely with external agencies and internal stakeholders to develop and execute innovative and effective social media plans.
· Capable of coming up with social ideas across all platforms and executing them.
· Ability to write copy in SYFY WIRE voice.
· Support in the planning and management of the social media budget.
· Manage all elements of social media campaign execution from asset procurement to reviewing copy.
· Work with the external agency on daily content and post-event analysis.
· Provide insights and recaps to stakeholders.
· Monitor social conversation across pages and contribute to reporting needs.
· Devise and execute talent social media strategy.
· Support on-the-ground events and convention initiatives with social ideation and execution.
· Manage select USA Network social campaigns from strategy thru execution.
Brand Marketing Responsibilities
· Lead the development and execution of the brand strategy and marketing plans to achieve the brand’s objectives.
· Lead weekly brand marketing meetings with key stakeholders from multiple teams to discuss upcoming cross platform, marketing initiatives.
· Partner with key cross-functional teams to gather key priorities that need to be socialized.
· Protect and grow the brand equity; including consumer research and clear articulation of the brand voice and messaging across all communication.
Candidates should have:
• Knowledge and passion for Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr
• Ability to understand social media metrics and turn them into actionable insights
• Experience with digital site analytics
• Ability to influence creative and make recommendations based on creativity and data
• Ability to connect dots and find cross-platform marketing opportunities
• The ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
• The ability to propose and initiate creative solutions
• Excellent writing and grammar skills
• 3+ years of marketing experience
• 3+ years of social media experience
• Passion for entertainment and knowledge of science fiction, fantasy, horror and comic books a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.