Senior Community Relations Specialist
- Full Time
Responsible for working with Community Relations Manager to develop and support Cox Arizona’s strategic Community Relations strategies. Contributes to the execution of Community Focus Areas which includes strategic community partnerships, promotion of company objectives, and leveraging of company resources. Also responsible for implementation of multi-faceted projects, programs and/or events and coordinating sponsorship fulfillment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provides project management of specific community relations initiatives, including program development and management of committee and project stakeholder teams such as Cox Charities, Cox Volunteers, Cox Conserves, Connect2Compete, Connect2STEM, Diversity & Inclusion, and ERG’s.
- Provides support of lead generation including monthly tracking and reporting.
- Provides fulfillment for Cox sponsored business and charitable events.
- Plans and coordinates community events and promotions that enhance company visibility and supports strategic departmental and company goals.
- Provides complete project planning and execution for community relations events in Greater Phoenix and/or So Arizona at all levels (meeting facilitation, vendor and volunteer management, onsite execution, promotions, ticketing, data entry, mailings, etc.).
- Oversees use of company cash and in-kind resources including project specific budgets, Community Relations Advertising, premium and promotional items, etc.
- Maintains business and community relationships within Metro Phoenix Market.
- Manages all aspects of Cox Charities fiscal agent relationship and donation process.
- Provides information/content for community relations related press releases and media advisories.
- Represent company in media interviews, expert community panels, and in business and employee meetings.
- Develops articles about activities Cox supports in the community for employee newsletters, manages and maintains departmental photo library.
- Manages and maintains contributions database for cash and in-kind contributions and provides reports/tracking for metrics, CEI, community involvement and related reports.
- Manages and maintains department calendar of events on Cox internal webpage.
- Processes, submits, and tracks invoices for the community relations team and tracks contributions for reporting purposes.
- Creates/re-sizes program book ads and fulfills other graphic design needs.
- Serves as Community Relations point of contact for supplies including banners, promotional item ordering, storage, and procurement.
- Provides support for other Community Relations team members on as as-needed basis.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education: BA/BS degree from accredited university. Field of study in business administration, public relations, journalism, or marketing preferred.
- Experience: Generally, 5-8 years of experience in a business environment with community relations expertise. Experience with non-profit community, project management, sponsorship fulfillment and event coordination. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) with working knowledge of the local Hispanic community preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, and graphic design skills preferred: Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- Effective communication, public speaking, writing, research and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to present a professional image when representing the company and present company messages effectively when communicating to customers, business leaders, elected officials and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of leadership within the organization.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.