Business and Markets Editor
- Full Time
TheStreet.com seeks an experienced Business and Markets Editor to help direct and edit our real-time coverage of markets, business news, investing and personal finance for our free and subscription-based Web sites.
Founded by famed market expert Jim Cramer, TheStreet.com and its subscription sites provide millions of investors with cutting-edge investment news and advice every day.
Our Business and Markets Editor will be based at our Wall Street headquarters in New York. The ideal candidate will have:
- Seven years or more of experience as a reporter and/or editor at a major financial company.
- Excellent knowledge of markets, investing, and personal finance.
- The ability to write snappy headlines and edit copy from both professional journalists and non-journalist stockbrokers in a fast-paced, real-time environment.
- The ability to jump in and help with reporting and writing when needed.
- A personal interest in stocks and markets.
- A willingness to appear on-camera in our videos.
- Flexibility to work early or late hours as dictated by the newsflow.
- The ability to help recruit new freelance columnists among both pro journalists and stockbrokers/experts.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization a plus.
Please note that this is not a remote position.