Social Media Coordinator
- Full Time
TITLE: Social Media Coordinator, SUCCESS magazine & SUCCESS.com
REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Content
SUMMARY: Unlike any other time in human history, we are living in a highly competitive world where immediate performance is critical and most of the skills needed to succeed are self-generated. At SUCCESS, through our newsstand publication and website, we offer inspiration, motivation and training to empower people to take control of their own destiny and excel in every area of their life, both personally and professionally.
This is an opportunity to join an entrepreneurially minded and collaborative team focused on delivering high-quality content to 2 million+ monthly unique visitors and 6 million+ cumulative fans. You’ll be a key team contributor and play a leading role in shaping the digital future of a 100-year-old brand. (Fun fact: SUCCESS magazine was originally established in 1897!) If you’re a content creator with a passion for social media and sharing smart, inspirational articles and videos, we want to hear from you!
As a full-time position on site in our Plano, Texas, office, you will have the opportunity to receive a competitive salary, benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, and a generous 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the social media presence of SUCCESS magazine across all social platforms, including creating inspiring and impactful social content and delivering these life-shaping ideas and thoughtful tactics to help readers become the best version of themselves
- Drive audience engagement and support traffic goals by finding, testing and implementing new tools and strategies for growth and adjustment
- Provide general customer service and engage regularly with the digital community in comments
- Perform basic SEO best practices, such as reading and interpreting analytics data and writing web headlines
- Responsible for light video editing and graphic design for social media posts and website content, as well as YouTube admin
- Assist with content management for SUCCESS.com, including loading web content into the CMS, monitoring the site for quality control and coordinating web integration of print content
- Are you an enthusiastic journalism school graduate who studied digital media?
- Do you possess a strong work ethic?
- Do you have impeccable time-management and organizational skills?
- Do you have a collaborative personality? (Are you someone who works exceptionally well with others?)
- Can you balance short deadlines for urgent tasks, prioritize your daily tasks and then work independently with self-initiated tasks?
- Is your work accurate, error free and thorough?
- Are you a problem-solver who stays positive and looks for solutions to technical issues?
- The phrase “that’s not my job” isn’t in your vocabulary.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience working in digital media
- Fluency in social media, including social strategy, scheduling, analytics and engagement
- Basic SEO knowledge and an understanding of Google Analytics and data analysis
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or other video editing softwares
- Basic Photoshop skills and/or familiarity with Canva or other graphic design tools